FROLICK DOGS IS NOT CURRENTLY HIRING BUT WE ARE HAPPY TO ACCEPT RESUMES TO KEEP ON FILE
Frolick Dogs, opened June 2014, is the area’s first dog gym and has been featured on the Today Show, NBC Nightly News, BBC, in The Washington Post, and more. We are looking for a part-time Dog Fitness Coach to start towards the end of 2016 to work hands-on with our dayboarding dogs and gym clients.
The ideal candidate will be: experienced at handling dogs of different breeds, sizes and temperaments; good with people with a focus on delivering outstanding customer service; professional in both manner and appearance; and self-motivated and eager to learn, understanding that this part-time position represents a valuable opportunity for advancement with a growing company.
Note that this is not a dog ‘trainer’ position. Frolick Dogs does not do any obedience training, although we do work with owners to reinforce training they have already completed. This position is instead meant to ‘coach’ owners and dogs that come into our facility to use the gym equipment (treadmills, balance balls and agility course) to ensure they get a complete physical and mental workout while staying safe.
Applicants must be at least 21 years old and make a commitment of service for a minimum of 6 MONTHS. A background check and drug test may also be required to secure employment.
- Must be comfortable performing new client consultations including orientations for new gym members and evaluations for potential new dayboarding dogs.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday each week, 6 hours per day (schedule TBD, vacation days to be determined in advance) during which the Fitness Coach must be on-hand to work with dayboarding dogs and be a resource to clients and dogs visiting the gym. With the dayboarding dogs this includes brief outdoor walks followed by facilitating group play or engaging them individually in 30-minute workouts.
- Must be willing to take on all dog breeds, sizes, and temperaments.
- Safety must be of the utmost concern. This includes keeping dogs on leash at all times during outdoor walks, getting to know each dayboarding dog’s personality, likes and dislikes to ensure their day is stress-free, and being careful to avoid negative interactions between dogs, correcting any bad behavior that occurs.
- Even when it is raining or snowing, the dayboarding dogs need brief outdoor walks. Coach must have rain/snow gear and feel comfortable walking in bad weather.
- Must immediately alert the business owners about any issues including client concerns or dog incidents, illness or injury so that the owners can be made aware and take appropriate action.
- Required to follow the protocols and systems in place to ensure a consistent experience for the dayboarding dogs and gym members.
- Able to take pictures/videos of the dayboarding dogs to be shared with owners (ideally owns a camera-enabled phone).
- Must be willing to pitch in and help out where needed. This includes picking up after the dogs, cleaning floors, tubs, bathroom, kennels, etc., as well as event set-up and breakdown.
- Greet clients and dogs as they arrive, identify what they are there for and get them to the appropriate place, entering new clients in the system and/or ringing up sales as needed.
- Ensure dogs in the gym are being challenged mentally and physically, engaging with dogs and clients as needed to ensure they have a fulfilling experience.
- Understand special requests and conditions for each dog and follow through accordingly.
- Give tours of the facility to new visitors and advise them on use of the equipment.
- Ensure the safety of the dogs and their owners at all times.
- Remove pet waste both in the facility and outside as needed.
- Clean the facility as needed (floors, tubs, bathrooms, kennels, etc.)
- Once trained, conduct evaluations for new dayboarding clients as well as orientations for walk-in gym members.
- Answer inquiries in-person or over the phone related to the services offered.
- Arrive on-time or alert owners if you are running late.
If interested please email your resume and cover note to email@example.com.